Come and join the NYJC Summer School for an exciting taster day
18 or younger? Seriously into music? Like to improvise, compose & arrange with others?
Be inspired. Be empowered. Be creative!
Wednesday 14th August 2024: 10am-4.30pm
There will be a “sharing” session for parents / carers at 4pm
Participation cost for the session:
Please bring a packed lunch and drink/s
The NYJC team will supervise participants over lunch and break times
Learn with the nation’s top professional musicians using NYJC’s highly inspirational teaching methods, where you explore a wide range of creative ideas & make them your own.
- Meet and connect with others your age with similar interests and talents.
- ALL Instruments welcome (not just western/ jazz). Singers welcome. Bring your own instrument (except pianists) Bassists / guitarists will need to bring their own amps.
We help you:
- Build confidence as an improvisor, composer and bandleader.
- Compose and improvise new musical ideas.
- Play melodies, grooves, hooky bass lines and riffs without notation.
- Explore the most popular rhythms used in jazz, funk, Indian, folk, pop and rock music.
- Become a stronger, more interactive band member.
- Recognise the chords and structures in music you enjoy.
The programme also helps you prepare for NYJC’s top flight internationally renowned Easter Summer School auditions.